Drug and alcohol abuse cause a host of damaging problems for addicts and their loved ones. To learn more about what is involved in an effective drug or alcohol addiction treatment program, browse the following links.
- To learn about the impact that drug addiction can have on the brain, read this paper on pharmacopsychiatry in the National Institutes of Health archives.
- Read up on endorphin distortion in this Huffington Post article.
- Learn more about the benefits of exercise in addiction recovery in this Morning Journal article.
- Discover what types of exercise have proven most beneficial in the addiction recovery process with the help of this information from Livestrong.com.
- Read this Breining Institute publication to learn more about nutrition, exercise, and addiction recovery.
To speak with a rehabilitation professional at Astoria Pointe, a serene rehabilitation center for men in Oregon, call (503) 298-4393. If you are interested in learning about addiction recovery for women, ask about The Rosebriar.