Seeking professional help is the first step toward recovering from an addiction to drugs or alcohol. You can find some invaluable advice, as well as some general information about addiction, in these superb online resources.
- What are the signs that you or a loved one may have a problem with alcoholism? To learn the answer, click on this link from HealthyPlace.com.
- You’ll find the answers to many of your questions about alcohol use and abuse on CDC.gov.
- As you recover from your addiction, learning to manage stress is important to prevent relapse. Here is some advice on taking some time for yourself to de-stress, provided by the Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- In this article, you can learn more about self-esteem and what it means to have positive or negative self-esteem.
- You can find out what to expect after your drug rehabilitation program in this article at Livestrong.com.
You can find the help you need to make a successful recovery from addiction at Astoria Pointe or our women’s facility, The Rosebriar. Our addiction rehabilitation programs focus on establishing physical and mental health and providing the tools to live a drug- and alcohol-free life. Call (503) 298-4393 or visit us online to explore our facilities and treatment programs.