Substance abuse is a complex psychological issue that requires the help of medical professionals and mental health experts. Read through the recommended articles below to see the damage that addiction can do and how to move on from it. For more information about facing addiction, seek out help from Astoria Pointe and The Rosebriar by calling (503) 298-4393 or visiting our website.
- Psychology Today reviews some ways to adjust to sober living after rehab.
- Learn about avoiding relapse in this article from HBO.com.
- See the process of a successful intervention at MayoClinic.com.
- Visit HelpGuide.org to find strategies for approaching a loved one about addiction.
- Understand the point where alcohol consumption becomes a problem with the NIAAA.