Addiction recovery is a difficult process, but it can be made easier with help from the right rehabilitation program. To find out more information about addiction and recovery, follow the links in the resources below.
- This FAQ from Families Anonymous offers information for families of individuals with addictions.
- Read this publication to learn more about the process of addiction.
- To learn why a person with drug dependence issues continues to use drugs, read this article from the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- This article from the University of Texas explains the role of neurotransmitters and dopamine in addiction.
- Visit this page from the Mayo Clinic to learn more about coping and support for alcoholism.
Call Astoria Pointe in Astoria at (503) 298-4393 to learn more about our rehabilitation programs.